Sunday, September 18, 2005

Ahhhh

Broadband. I've got broadband. What a pleasure it is. No more groans about having to dial up; "Are you on the internet?", come on get off I want to call Mum!! The speed is amazing. I am currently listening to Radio Scotland as I blog. Fantastic hearing Scottish voices. Just love it.

We have been in our new house nearly 8 weeks. The chooks are laying like troopers, we haven't had to buy eggs since we moved in. Our best haul was 8 in one day! Not quite sure what got into them but I know what came out of them.

I want to start growing tomatoes and our house has a fenced off vege patch with raised beds. I started preparing one of the beds yesterday and I could not believe what I was finding. The people who had our house before seemed like together people; and they assured my wife that the vege beds were organic and had not seen chemicals in seven years. How good is that? However it was most likey crap. I have removed all sorts of plastic household waste, rocks, and even some old shoe leather. In one corner of the bed I found a stinking great pile of dog shit. I couldn't believe it, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse - fucking dog shit!! Enough to fill a small bucket! The old owners have moved to a farm outside Canberra. If the vege patch is any indication of their farming skills then heaven help them, not to mention the environment.

In my last blog I waffled on about the in and outs of buying a house. Some arsehole internet hacker working for a loan company spammed the entry with a couple of adverts for loans. I am sure that behaviour has a name by now but I don't know what it is. Shitty and stupid is the only thing I can come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home