Thursday, June 09, 2005

Canberra

I have moved. I am in the delightful city of Canberra. I am working here but my family is still in Sydney until the end of the month. I miss them and luckily they are coming to visit for the weekend.

Canberra, although geographically close to Sydney, the culture is quite different. It is a much more easy going place. It is not ruled by the pursuit of money like Sydney. It is the seat of national government and is a quiet achiever. The people are much more focussed on the quality and results of their work in relation to themselves and the nation. There isn't the unnerving company fervour that is prevalent in Sydney. In Canberra there is a loyalty to the work that needs to be done rather than who owns the means to make it possible. It makes for an interesting bunch of people. It's a "public service" ethic with all the advantages and disadvantages that this entails.

My observations continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home